My dry skin favourites and tips ♥

7 January 2016

In the winter time skin generally gets dryer due to the colder weather and the increase in use of central heating. This means that it is important to invest in some good products that keep you hydrated. Not only do I have dry skin, I also have sensitive skin, which means that finding a product that is right for me is a bit of a nightmare. There is nothing more frustrating then spending money on a new product hoping it will be the moisturiser you have been looking for to then break out in a rash. What I have realised is that perfumed moisturisers don't go well with my skin (on my face). This was why for the longest time I was using Simple moisturiser, as it was one of the only things my skin didn't react too. This moisturiser was okay but it never really felt like anything special.

It was about 6 months ago I decided to try the Aveeno Moisturising Cream because I had read that it was good for dry/sensitive skin. Since using this moisturiser I haven't used anything else! It is soooooo moisturising and it doesn't irritate my skin at all and I love it!


I would also recommend getting an eye cream that is gentle on the eyes. In the winter I tend to wear a lot more make up so in order for my eyes to look smooth and flake free I use the Kheils Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment. This eye cream is a little bit pricey but it feels so lovely around the eyes. It is creamy, moisturising and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.



It is important to keep your lips hydrated because there is nothing worse than having sore, cracked lips. My personal favourite at the moment is the Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner. I think there are a few good lip products out there. Even something simple like Vaseline is good.


On the days were I want to give my eyes some extra moisture I have been using the Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer under eye patches. I don't know if these actually do anything but they feel soothing on the skin so thats got to be a good thing, right?

Lastly I want to emphasise the importance of drinking loads of water as this really is the best thing for your skin. I can definitely feel the difference when I don't drink as much water. If your not a water person then try tea or something that doesn't contain any caffeine or preservatives in it. Its also important to have fruit and vegetables in your diet. Again the same as water you can honestly feel so much difference in your self. Your skin, your hair and your body depending on what your diet is like. Instead of eating that chocolate bar, try and eat some grapes or watermelon. Something sweet that will taste just as good but provides nutrients.

I hope this post has been helpful for you.

Thanks for reading,

Jessie Glam
 

1 comment

  1. I know that Kiehl's products are outstanding but I wish that they do not test on animals. Nice post, anyway! :)
    Nazlıgül | on my own way

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Jessie Glam. Design by Fearne.